There are three areas that are immediately affected when your call center is out-of-adherence:
- Speed of answer to customers is reduced (service level and satisfaction)
- Staff workload and occupancy are affected (productivity and staffing cost)
- Telephone costs can soar (operational costs).
three areas are avoidable when you understand the impact of
out-of-adherence within the call center. In order to find out the costs
associated with call center scheduling and out-of-adherence, you need to
measure and quantify the effect. Let’s consider that you have 200 call
center agents and due to out-of-adherence activities, they lose 10
minutes per day. At an average of $15 per hour wage for your 200 call
center agents, the resulting cost is $130,000 per year.
- 10 minutes x 5 days x 52 weeks = 2,600 minutes per year = 43.3 hours per year.
- 43.3 hours x $15 = $650 per person x 200 agents = $130,000.
the time and do the math and understand the actual hard dollar costs
associated with out-of-adherence for your call center and evaluate the
necessary internal changes needed to reduce the wasted time. For ideas
and more information about schedule adherence, please read this
whitepaper: "Strategies for improved call center schedule adherence