There is often the question about the type of call center metrics you should track. But equally important is how "actionable" these metrics are. So, what does "actionable" mean?
- Do I have access to metrics at the time when I can still have an impact (e.g. adherence, performance)?
- Can I actually make a change at that moment and have an impact (e.g. re-calculate forecast, adjust schedule, monitor calls)?
So, how can you make metrics actionable? The use of scorecards, key performance indicators (KPI), real-time dashboards and customizable alerts deliver a constant stream of intelligence helping call centers take the right action at the right time to better meet their business goals. This will transform call center management from a reactive to a proactive approach and helps make more informed decisions faster, resulting in higher customer satisfaction, more cost control and better utilization of resources. Some additional benefits are:
- Provides management with a unified view to monitor and analyze key performance metrics, such as agent adherence, service levels, labor costs and staffing resulting in more informed decisions.
- Motivates agents to self-manage their performance and take action with coaches and supervisors based on real data and KPI’s (key performance indicators) to meet business objectives.
- Frees up time for supervisors and managers to focus on working with agents, coaching, training and planning, instead of collecting and analyzing data.
For more information about this topic, please watch the call center performance metrics videoon our website.